Sunday, October 2, 2011

Imitation

Just now I saw someone surfing a classy looking website, its design was somewhat similar to that of Facebook’s and I thought that what the hell I am doing? Why I am not accessing that classy website. A sudden thought came to my mind to ask the name of the website, to ask how he opened that site but I refrained and came to my desk and started writing this post. I learn a lot about human psychology from my own traits and here I have experienced one more trait, “Imitation”. Now days, what I’ve observed, people do not wait for a moment to imitate others. The fell deprived, embarrassed, lonely and left away if they don’t imitate. We wrap the imitation in the eulogy saying “keeping pace with the world” Whenever someone comes up with something new or classy we become desperate to know the source of that thing and lay down plans and ideas to get that thing. We are forgetting what we actually need or want, be it a mobile phone or a formal attire, imitation is prevalent. We have to put in a lot of efforts if we want to get rid of this devil and sometimes we even don’t know that we are being a victim of this monster and are dancing on its beats.
There was a time when I didn’t have any mobile phone and at the same time many of my friends were in possession of this gadget and many told me to buy one but I found no need to have a mobile phone but when I bought one for me I didn’t keep in my mind the features but I kept in my mind the review and acceptability of people. I even went through the same handsets which are possessed by my friends and then I finalized the one. My need was mobile phone but not that one, any phone with some basic features would have been okay but my decision was influenced by many things. My brain was trying to imitate other people’s choice and in this process my originality was lost.
Whenever I see a tattoo, I feel like having one on my arm or bicep but till date I’ve refrained myself because of many factors but the main factor is imitation. Now sometimes it happens that we are being original but for others we might be imitating. Take the case of Preetam, people say that his music is not original but for him he has made an original and its own tune. Preetam would hug me if he reads this sentence. But the thing is that we have to struggle a lot to show that we are not copying and in this struggle knowingly or unknowingly we copy ideas or anything else. We do have same patent against many names that means that one cannot judge whether a person is imitating other or not. Suppose a person hasn’t seen “Wake up Sid!” and he clicks a photo of his crossed leg and puts it on Facebook but the feedback what he receives is not he has expected. His friends will think that he has copied the idea but for him that was his own creativity. So how to judge whether a person is copying someone or not? There no standard procedure for this and even there is no need to have one. If someone is happy by imitating then it’s a very good thing and he has full freedom to copy that idea. One can always get inspired from various things and then can discover his own thing with slight or huge change.
The only thing which needs to be taken care is that one must not imitate blindly just to show off or mask one’s originality. It is very essential to be over selves. Why people copy and paste cool status lines on social networking? Some people even don’t know the meaning of that line though they are tempted to do so. Let’s acknowledge if we are borrowing any idea. That will never create a bad image and in fact that will give some happiness to the person whose idea you have imitated.
Here I am not going to discuss the imitation China is using in their electronic equipments!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment